Friday, January 9, 2009

Jill Scott is pregnant

Jill Scott

Jill Scott is pregnant with her first child,
the R&B singer and actress revealed to reporters
at the Television Critics Association conference in Los Angeles on Friday.

Promoting her new HBO series The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency,
based on the popular novels by Alexander McCall Smith,
Scott said she discovered that she was pregnant just before leaving
for Botswana where she filmed the show.
Jill Scott’s Bra Collection
"The first trimester I spent in Botswana,"
said the star, who is due April 25.
"That was one of the biggest challenges of my life. First trimester!
You're sick every morning. It was seven hours time difference,
the heat, the bugs, the 14 hour days."

Still, the actress, who is engaged to drummer Lil' John Roberts,
says she's glad she went through with the plans to film.
"My doctors gave me a clean bill of health and said you can do this, so I did it."

Scott, 36, is a three-time Grammy Award winner and star
of the 2007 Tyler Perry film Why Did I Get Married?

Jill Scott

No comments: