Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Katy Perry - 'MTV Unplugged'

Katy Perry plots next album, does 'MTV Unplugged'

Katy Perry

Katy is proud to be following in the footsteps of Nirvana and Lauryn Hill by recording
her own "MTV Unplugged" session.
Perry spoke to The Associated Press about stripping her songs bare, writing scandalous lyrics
and how her next album will make people dance.

The Associated Press: What was the appeal for you in doing "MTV Unplugged"?

Katy Perry: Well the "MTV Unplugged" session was really important, it was kind of like the swan song
of the whole "One of the Boys" record. It was the last real look I wanted to give on the record and show off
some of the songs at their most simple, kind of at their most stripped down, at the skeleton,
at the core of what some of them were written or how they were written.

AP: Your life must be completely different now — it's a whirlwind.

Katy Perry: Yeah I'm definitely getting used to it, or trying; it's difficult.
I don't feel completely different than when I started.
I feel like I have a lot to prove still and I still have that ambition and that drive that I had
when I didn't have any money, or when I didn't know what was going to happen in the future,
if I was going to make it or anything.

AP: With the last album, there was a lot of hype about "I Kissed a Girl" and "Ur So Gay."
Do you feel like you're going to have to have some kind of scandalous angle on a track on the new album?

Katy Perry: I think the "I Kissed a Girl"s and the "Ur So Gay"s were never,
"oh let's see how I can stir up a pot of scandalous," you know.
It was actually just me telling my story and that is how I see the world you know, and that's the kind of funny,
messed- up way I live my life I guess. With a dark undertone, a sarcastic dark undertone,
just everything is kind of that way for me and so I'm sure that'll be a thread in my next record.

3OH!3 ft. Katy Perry Starstrukk VIDEO
3OH!3 ft. Katy Perry Starstrukk VIDEO
download
download video (avi, 55Mb)
.


No comments: